Student Learning Outcomes
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biosystems Analytics & Technology (BAT) program is reviewed and approved by The University of Arizona Academic Program Review Assessment Process: http://assessment.arizona.edu/ag/agricultural_biosystems/undergrad
The Biosystems Analytics & Technology Learning Outcomes are defined as a combination of knowledge and skills that a Biosystems Analytics & Technology (BAT) student is expected to attain at the time of graduation. Thus, a Biosystems Analytics Graduate B.S. graduate will have, at the time of graduation, the ability to:
- Demonstrate the ability to assess and solve problems.
- Investigate, explain, critique, and integrate principles from math and sciences such as biology, microbiology, metagenomics, chemistry, statistics, computing, and programming for application in sustainable biological systems.
- Conduct experiments and analyze and interpret data.
- Apply quantitative principles to solve problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in teams integrating science and technology to solve problems involving sustainable biological systems.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.